The Trelawny Parish Disaster Committee (TPDC) is dedicated to take the necessary actions aimed at saving the lives, prevent injury and minimize property damage in the event of an emergency. This is done through trained and committed staff, the use of advance technology and the involvement of local and national agencies.
The Trelawny Parish Disaster Committee meets on the first Monday of every month at 10 a.m. in the Town Hall. This committee is responsible for the planning and implementation of preparedness plans for the parish, as well as the dissemination of preparedness information. Some disaster activities include:
- Training of Shelter Managers
- Yearly inspection of Shelters
- Mapping of High Risk areas
- Ensure that Sub-Committees are functioning
- Joint contract with grocery and petroleum suppliers
- Stock Local stores with emergency and relief items
- Public education and training through workshops, seminars etc.
- Simulation Exercises
- Church Service
- Develop and maintain contingency plans for the parish
- Update contact list
The Parish Emergency Operation Center (PEOC) is operated by the Parish Disaster Committee in the event of a disaster.
Persons have been trained in the following areas:
- Shelter Management
- Damage Assessment and Needs Analysis
- Emergency Operation Center
HAZARD PRONE AREAS
|Flood Prone Areas||Cause of Flooding||Total Pop. Affected|